Saturday, May 27, 2006

Save our Mulund

SHAME! SHAME!! SHAME!!!

My opinions and photographs have been appearing regularly in Mid-Day Metro. This has prompted quite a few people, including my relatives to say that I have opened an office exclusively for this puprose. My reply to them is as under:

It is because of your generation's "LET GO" attitude that our suburb, city, state and country has gone to the dogs. Corruption is rampant and anti-social elements rule the roost. All this has reached such a crescendo simply because my previous generation chose to be mute spectators.

Now, today, when I and my generation are choosing to be pro-active about these issues, people with such an attitude are the reason that authorities can get away with such wrong-doings.

Incidentally, these people are the very ones who complain, rave and rant about the government not doing anything, frequent load shedding, corruption, etc. I would want to tell them clearly that if you do not have a remedy to a sickness or are unwilling to go to a doctor for medicines, QUIT COMPLAINING. There is a saying "Either lead or follow or get out of the way!" Try not to get in the way of people who are working with selfless motives so that EVERYONE stands to benefit at the end of the day.

I am also aware that people feel I am doing all this for publicity. To these people I want to say that this is a free country. I cannot control anybody's thoughts or actions but I can certainly let my actions speak for themselves.

Toda, I have a choice between being a mute spectator like some elite personalities of my previous generation or to speak up against what I feel is wrong and at least try to correct it. When I look at myself in the mirror, I know I can look at myself with a clean conscience.

Unlike my predecessors, I choose to be vocal about my opinions. I am at least not sitting idle at home and complaining, raving and ranting about the wrongs of the society. I am being constructive.

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the time when I was in touch with a reporter from Mulund Plus. I would religiously send her material about certain civic issues on RRT Road.

One fine day, she came home to see a few snaps I had taken from my camera to show the state of RRT Road during monsoon.

Before departing, she said "Why is it that you are the only one who is complaining?"

My answer was "If being concerned about the cleanliness is called complaining, then I am glad that I am complaining."

Immediately after this incident, I have stopped contacting reporters from Mulund Plus in whose directory, the meaning for complaining is voicing your concern.

Such reporters need to decide whether they are convering stories or are doing hardcore journalism!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger GAUTAM GULRAJANI said...

hey pretty sad to read this post of urs - but tell u wat sir.............its the general human tendecy "its that they must be jealous of U or somethin"
and haan people have always gone against that every person who has tried to bring a revolution or even a small change..........its actually a tragedy!!!
try the gandhigiri way - may help!!!
keeep updating.
one request - i had sent accross a mail to u regarding including me in savemulund.blogspt.com!!!!
pls tel me if any thing could wrk out!!!!

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you.
99% of the people are the types who will put up with any bull shit.

My point is this.I beleive the State Govt ( Congress ) has let us down.
Its time they need to be dislodged and also Mulund SHOULD NOT be under MSEB

 
At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I greatly admire your awareness and also the boldness against those who are trying to ridicule you for doing good work. They should be really ashamed of themselves and proud of you. Yes our govt has gone to the dogs. I feel that it is near impossible to straighten the govt officials but for that matter we should not sit tight expecting that someone else will do it. All Housing Societies in Mulund should take out a Morcha and go and squat before the T ward office, the MSEB office, The Stamp office and all other corruption breeding govt. offices. WE should strip naked before them and tell them that we will dress up only if they all stopped demanding bribes. MSEB, BMC, MMRDA all reek of corruption. If anyone attempts to fight them through the RTI mechanism is threatened and the police is also insensitive to the whole issue. When the entire Govt. machinery is fully soaked in corruption it is very very difficult to beat it by a single person. A normal person chooses to remain out of this joint fight initiated by a few bold guys saying "why should i do it?" & "Arrey mereko kya karne ka hai"?. It is these dormant and passive guys who are the real culprits. By being just a mute spectator they actually nourish the oppression. Once such people are emboldened and converted then there will be no looking back but we need to put a lot of efforts to convert these passives into actives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home